& QUALITY CARE
Critical Care or intensive care unit is dedicated to the patients having serious health issues and need instant medical care for survival. A serious physical injury due to accident, asthma or heart attack, organ failure, blood infections, or the similar problem is taken care under the ICU (Intensive Care Unit) or critical care division of a hospital.
Umkal hospital is famous for being a high quality ICU at affordable rates. The motto “Same Quality, Affordable Costs”
With burgeoning costs of ICU and healthcare, our ICU at Umkal Hospital prides in providing high quality care at affordable prices. Patients from across Delhi-NCR flock to the hospital to seek its services.
Intensive care units cater to patients with severe or life-threatening illnesses and injuries, Patient in ICU require constant care, close supervision from life support equipment and medication in order toensure normal body functions. The ICU at Umkal Hospital has dedicated Nursing station, central monitoring, clean & dirty utility areas and are manned by specialty nurses. For immuno-compromised and infected patients, there are isolations rooms with independent AHUs. Patient care in Umkal ICU is provided by a team of dedicated, highly trained critical care and respiratory physicians along with various clinical and support services. Additional support is provided by the nurse educator, respiratory technicians, physiotherapists and patient counsellors. Our ICU is one of the cheapest in private hospitals with no compromise in quality and bears a very pleasant and aesthetic look. The design was created keeping in mind the space utilization, patients, comfort, infection control and ease of providing critical care, Nursing care and the functional requirements of the unit. Patient’s bed is equipped with UNI-EMmulti-channel Physiological monitoring systems, which allows monitoring of patients and use of invasive and non-invasivemodalities. To provide organ assessment and support, ICU has variety of equipment like ventilators, Hemodialysis, Infusion pumps, defibrillators, Blood Gas analyzer and Mobile X-Ray machines etc. Patient’s beds are pneumatic ones for patient’s comfort and for prevention of bed sores. Beds are provided with centralized oxygen facility.
ICU Comprises of
- Multidisciplinary Care
- Excellent Team: Critical Care Experts trained in premier institution in India and brilliant nurses and nursing attendants provide personalized 24 x 7 care to the patients.
- Point of Care Lab: ABG with electrolytes, lactate & glucose, Cardiac markers (Troponin I, Troponin T, CK-MB, Myglobin), NT ProBNP, Toxicology Screen, Urine ketones, Procalcitonin.
- Facility for ICU interventions & procedures: ECG, EEG, Echocardiography, Ultrasound and venous Doppler, Upper and lower GI endoscopy with bleeding control, Video-bronchoscopy, Broncho-alveolar lavage, Cardiac pacing,Hemodialysis, CT, Non-invasive Ventilation- CPAP & BIPAP, invasive Ventilation including Recruitment Maneuvers, Prone Ventilation, APRV & Extra Corporeal Membrane oxygenation & Co2 removal.
- Infection Control Program: Universal precautions and aseptic precautions are followed in the unit and infection rates like CRBSI, VAP, BSI and SSI are followed regularly.
EQUIPMENTS & INSTRUMENTS
UMKAL ICU is equipped with the latest and state-of-art machines and equipments to give full TERTIARY CARE support to all patients. The list of equipment is exhaustive and include the following types of makes:
- To support breathing of patients, departments has Ventilators from Newport and Medisys
- BIPAP Services for the patients of Sleep Apnia or low oxygen levels from Respironics
- Department maintain to have 1:1 ratio of Patient monitors and these are from UNI-EM and GE
- Dedicated Cardiac Monitors from UNI-EM
- Portable X-Ray machine
- Portable Ultra Sound Machine from G.E.
A.B.G. machine Infusion Pumps
- B. Braun
Syringe PumpsAirway Devices
- Laryngo scopes
Percutaneous Tracheostomy sets
- Different methods of airway management
- Percutaneous Tracheostomy
- Ventilator support
- Central venous line placement
- Arterial line placement
- Continuous pulse oximetry
- Continuous cardiac monitoring Hemodynamic monitoring synchronized cardioversion
- Temporary pacemaker insertion and maintenance
- Continuous vasoactive and antiarrhythmic drug infusions
- Thrombolytic infusion
- Peritoneal dialysis
- Pain relief
- Venous phlebotomy
- Arterial blood sampling
- Bladder catheterization
- Nasogastric tube placement
- Nasojejunal tube placement
- Lumbar puncture
- Abdominal paracentesis
- ICD tube placement
- Nutritional planning
- Resuscitation services in all the departments round the clock
- Emergency services round the clock