& QUALITY CARE
The ears, nose and throat are important sensory organs with important roles in our daily functioning. The ears are not just related to hearing, but also function to provide you with a sense of balance.
The nose provides a sense of smell, but also partially provides for your sense of taste. It also plays an important function in defense mechanisms of the body and humidifying air to prevent germs from entering the body.
The throat provides the route for both air to reach the lungs, as well as the route for food and water to enter your digestive tract.
At Umkal Hospital, the Department of ENT (Ear, Nose and Throat) provide compressive treatment with an expert otolaryngologist, audiologist and speech therapist. Our services range from consultation on sinus infection to complex head and neck cancer and skull base surgery as well as the implantation of artificial hearing services.
What Is an ENT Specialist?
Specialists who treat ENT problems are known as otolaryngologist. The specialist is a medical doctor trained in managing illnesses related to the ears, nose, nasal passage, sinuses, larynx, oral cavity, upper pharynx, as well as structures of the neck and face. ENT specialists are experts in both medical and surgical management.
Problems in ENT:
Deafness is a condition where the ability to detect certain sound frequencies is partially or completely impaired. An ear disorder, such as an ear infection, hearing impairment, diseases that affects balance, tinnitus (ringing in the ears), or pain in the ear are also need medical consultation. The best hospital for ENT treatment performs Cochlear Implant (CI) Surgeries on patients who are profoundly deaf or hard of hearing. Cochlear Implants are primarily designed to mimic natural hearing.
Issues like sinus, congestion, airways blockage and nasal cavity etc. are commonly diagnosed problems. They can affect breathing, cause loss of smell, as well as change the physical appearance.
Symptoms of sinus infections are pain in your face, upper teeth or in your ear, and drainage that is obstructed or abnormal, or nasal congestion. A visit to the best ENT specialist can help to pinpoint the source of the problem and inform the treatment.
The cause is usually a viral infection, but other causes include allergies, infection with strep bacteria or the leaking of stomach acids. Disorders that affect the throat can disrupt speech, eating, digestion, swallowing etc. Tonsil, inflammation, swelling in voice box, throat cancer is treated under throat related issues, diagnosed & treated by an ENT specialist.
Conditions treated at Umkal Hospital:
- Hearing Aids
- Hearing Loss: Otosclerosis / Congenital deafness
- Endoscopic orbital, optic nerve decompression and DCR.
- Revision ear surgery
- Middle ear reconstructive surgery
- Functional endoscopic sinus surgery
- Facial nerve surgery
- Congenital anomalies of the ear
- Neck and head surgery
- Endoscopic skull base surgery
- Surgeries for sleep apnea and snoring
- Septorhinoplasty and Septoplasty
- Neck and head cancer surgery
- Laser surgery for neck and head lesions
- Phono surgery
- Micro laryngeal surgery
- Ear tubes (tympanostomy)
- Tympanoplasty with Ossicular Reconstruction
- Tympanomastoidectomy with Ossicular Reconstruction
- Laryngoscopy with biopsy
- Microlaryngoscopy with biopsy
Nasal / Sinus Procedures:
- Septoplasty with turbinate reduction
- Nasal valve reconstruction
- Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
- Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery (Complex)
- Nasal fracture reduction (closed)
- Nasal fracture reduction (open)
- Biopsy neck mass (superficial)
- Biopsy neck mass (deep)
- Submandibular gland removal
- Ear tubes (tympanostomy, BMT)
- Tonsillectomy with adenoidectomy (T&A)
- Ear tubes with adenoidectomy
- Ear tubes with T&A
Thyroid / Parathyroid:
- Thyroidectomy (partial)
- Thyroidectomy (total)
- Thyroidectomy with lymph node excision
Meet Our Team